- How to powerfully communicate to small and large groups
- How to cultivate deeper self awareness, compassion and confidence
- How to build emotional resilience
- How to create community and connection with groups
- How to develop their authentic leadership style
- Elite strength and conditioning training and techniques
- How to deal with the peer pressure including drugs and alcohol
The story behind captains camp
Captains Camp was developed in 2012 by a team of passionate experts in sport, youth empowerment, resilience and transformational leadership. This team of experts led by co-founder Jamin Heppell, see the potential of every young Australian and know that grassroots sporting clubs play a major role in the character development of young people and contribute to the development of stronger communities.
This team also understood that Australian sporting culture is not without its challenges and can actually have a destructive effect on young people.
Captains Camp aims to reinforce and promote the positive aspects of sport and provide young people with the tools, resilience and confidence to tackle the challenging aspects of grassroots sporting culture and life in general.
If you are aged 15 – 17 and inspired to be the best leader you can be both on and off the field, then get involved with the 2017 Captains Camp.